7 No-Nonsense Tips For Using Contact Lenses Like A Pro!
You have finally decided to replace your eyeglasses with a pair of contact lenses. While you may still need your glasses, contacts, as fondly called, do have a few advantages. At the same time, it is important to know that contact lenses do need care, and you have to be careful as how you use your lenses.
In this post, we bring 10 tips that will simplify your life while wearing contacts.
- Go for the right pair. If you check for eye care near me, you will find many clinics that offer contacts, but make sure that you don’t compromise on the brand or prescription. Contacts are customized for your prescription.
- Don’t use contacts for long. Even if you are investing in the best contacts, makes sure you don’t sleep with lenses on. Also, contacts should not be used for more than 8 to 10 hours a day.
- Be specific with hygiene and care. Contacts must be cleaned, disinfected with the recommended solution every day. The solution in your lens case must be replaced daily, no matter whether you use the lenses or not.
- Replace your contacts as recommended. Contacts must be replaced as per schedule. For example, if you are supposed to discard lenses within a month, you must get a new pair, regardless of how you many times you have used the previous pair in that period.
- Use the solution that’s recommended. Contact lens solutions are not plain water, and you don’t want to wash your lenses with water, because that might increase the risk of infections manifold.
- Comfort is key. If your eyes feel irritated after using contacts, stop immediately and talk to your eye doctor. While contact lenses are way better in terms of quality, not everyone is comfortable with these.
- Buy a lint-free towel. You will need to wash your hands before handling contacts, and to dry your palms before disinfecting the lenses, you will need a towel. Invest in a good lint-free towel for the purpose.
Finally, it is always a good idea to pay a tad more for better brands. Make sure that the power is same as what is mentioned in the prescription. Some stores and eyecare clinics do have a return/replacement policy, so if the contacts don’t fit or work as intended, don’t shy away from sharing your concerns. Check online now for more details on clinics near you!